Friday, November 08, 2013

Photo of my November2013 #08

This is the only day for city sightseeing in San Francisco.

So, it is a must to visit the most famous yet old public transport system here (continue with our Cities As System workshop): streetcar and cable car.

The cable car is primitive, to change the direction of the cable car, it is done by manually operated turntable. Each cable car requires a three-man crew.

I met this Cantonese guy on the cable car.. And when it stopped at terminus, I'm not yet done with exploring how the cable car works. So I asked whether I can stay for photographs, and that's how we started our conversation (first English, then Cantonese)! 

He said girls from Hong Kong are shy, and get blushing red face with jokes... Anyways, I'm not sure how long what he met girls from HK, as I'm sure this is not the case!!

Very funny for him to ask me where I come from, when I said HK, he asked exactly which part it is... And found our we are both from Kowloon... Haha

Happy to chat with strangers, that's part of the fun when you travel. Especially you feel connected as you communicated through Cantonese in a foreign place!

:)

P.S. Stay happy, Wylie. Live for yourself! Carpe Diem!!


No comments: