Saturday, March 05, 2005

Children

I helped with my department's exhibition held in a shopping centre today. I and my colleagues was responsible for a game booth with computer games for kids. Souvenirs (very stereotyped ones) were given when people 'wins' the game (and we gave them anyway :P).

Although I don't think the game is fun, the kids did enjoy in the game, and were happy with the souvenirs. By the way, children were just 'playing' without really knowing the aim of these games (although I've tried hard in explaining the reasons for the games, yet nobody noticed... sigh).

Kids these days are often nasty and disgusting, to name some:
1. rude and without courtesy - they just took the sourvenirs after playing the games without asking, seems they had the right to take everything that's free;
2. greedy - played the games for dozens of times to get lots of pens, erasers (the sourvenirs) and told us they just want to 'save money'.

I'm sure these behaviours aren't in-born. I have also met some well-mannered, polite and nice children on the day. However, i felt so sad that there are just few of them.

Frankly, children are just a 'photocopier': they saw how their parents or people nearby behave, and just do the same. To be parents are more than giving the physical needs to the children, you need to teach them - the right behaviour, the attitude towards life, and the courage to face difficulties and challenge.

Before deciding of having a child with your loved ones, I hope everyone can have a thorough hesitation. Your sacrifice and love are the prerequisite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

人者多慾,其性尚私

Anonymous said...

It's really hard to blame a single person for this kind of behaviour, isn't it?
I guess if those kids were in a wealthy family, they wouldn't have come up with the idea of saving money. At least they are really true to themselves. I bet we wouldn't have spoken that out if we did the same thing. We probably would make up some nice excuses for taking all those souvenirs.

wylie said...

ade, i get your point.
And wht i wanna point out is, I think these days parents no longer 'guide' their children, they just let them do what they want. And sometimes, children just saw wht others (perhaps just ppl around them) do and just 'copy' wht they are doing.
So, i think parents should always teach and guide their child