Monday, February 28, 2005

Mid-twenties Crisis

According to my colleague next door (who is already 28, oh... hope he's not reading this :P), you will have some kind of 'crisis' in one's late twenties, when you think you are no longer young very suddenly...

I'm not sure if I will have the same feeling (let's wait and see, hee...), but i'm a bit 'lost' in these two years, that I'm not able to explain how and why. I felt I'm less ambitious than before and I'm not so hard-working in my work.

Just want to know if anyone feels the same...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am your fellow colleague down one floor who just paased my last 2X b-day. I think I get the similar feeling some years ago (Actually, I always experience many feeling well before my fellows....). I feel a bit frightened when I am approaching 30. However, later I realize that I am totally different from a fresh graduate, not just in the field of technical know-how, but also in the way of thinking, building/maintaining relationship with any ppl around u. And most important of all, I start to treasure some core values in my life. That needs time to build up. Every body can learn and experience different things in life at different ages. Try to appreciate more about anything happens around you, no matter good or bad. We are actually not that bad when compared with those Tsunami victims or ppl in Palestine, Iraq or Afghanistan.
Keep smiling~

Anonymous said...

We do need a cup to hold water, don't we? Cups wouldn't affect the quality of water but pretty cups sometimes do make you feel like drinking. Just work harder to get a better one next time.
Isn't it sad that we have to compare to the poorest ppl in the world to keep ourselves smiling? How good can one be if it's only not THAT bad when compared to those ppl?
I can't imagine if someone someday try to cheer another one up by comparing me with him.
Someone who could truly treasure the value of life wouldn't need those comparisons.

Anonymous said...

gnoehciat說的很有趣,很有意思啊!